Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Who's trash is it anyway?

What a crazy week! I can't wait to be all moved in. Hopefully, I'll have all my stuff over to the new place by Tuesday. (I can't move my furniture in until Saturday.)

I went over to hang some curtain rods on Sunday and found out my former neighbor's had left me a big present. They were kind enough to line a wall in the back living room with trash. Among the treasures they left behind included moldy bread, a container with leftover food, four full trash bags, and several full boxes. I was stunned. I mean, I've known these people for years and they are the "neat" type. I couldn't believe they'd just leave all that stuff. In a note, they said that maintenance would come get it. Ha! When maintenance came over on Monday to clean the carpets the guy was not amused. He told me he'd haul it away for me though. Well, Monday when I came home from work I saw all the trash piled in the front yard. Huh?!? The city will not haul any trash that isn't in the large outdoor trash cans so I knew that trash wasn't going anywhere. I called my neighbor, left a voicemail, and decided to wait until the next day to figure out what to do. While I was doing some projects at the new place, though, I saw a homeless man digging through the trash that had been just piled there. I figured if the guy saw something he could use or sell, more power to him, but figured I didn't need him hanging around and needed to do something with all the garbage after he left. While I was waiting for him to leave, a police car pulls up and he stops the guy before he can run away. I was like oh great!! A few minutes later, another police officer shows up and they both start talking to him. After several minutes, the guy grabs his bag and hurries off down the street. I wound up knocking on two of my other neighbor's doors and asking them if I could use their outdoor trash cans to deal with all the garbage. They graciously said yes even though it was Monday and trash pickup isn't until Friday. We now have FOUR large outdoor trashcans overflowing with my former neighbor's stuff. Keep in mind, I love my former neighbors and they were VERY good to me (watched my dog a LOT), but this whole trash thing was just a little too much.

I can't wait until trash day on Friday...

3 Comments:

Missy said...

Oh what fun it is to move!

Eden said...

that's a whole lot of trash!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online