Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Crazy, wonderful month!

It's been quite the month! Sorry for not posting in so long! A couple weekends ago, my older sister treated me, a friend of mine, and 3 other people to see THE LION KING!!!!! It was beyond amazing. I was a complete idiot -- whooping and clapping the entire time. I'm sure the people in front of me wished they had found somewhere else to sit. Poor people! Hey, I couldn't help it! The costumes and music were insane!

I'd have to say my favorite songs were "Be Prepared" and - of course - "Circle of Life." It was so funny...everyone knows that famous opening line: "Nan ts'ngonya ma bakithi baba!" When the the light dimmed, everyone started clapping because we all knew it was coming. (By the way, according to my Lion King program book, that phrase actually means, "Here comes the lion, folks!" Um...sounds better in African, don't you think? Ha!) I have to admit, I actually teared up at the end of the song when all the animals bowed...it was so beautiful =)

Here's a YouTube video I found of a performance of "Circle of Life." It's worth watching!!



Also, here (finally!) are some pics of new my home.


FRONT LIVING ROOM AND DINING AREA:









BACK LIVING ROOM:







GUEST BEDROOM:



KITCHEN:






6 Comments:

Eden said...

WOW! Your apt looks awesome. I need you to come decorate my home. I still have nothing on the walls and I'm not very decorative anyways. lol I'd love to have some help!

Love all the coffee decorations! I'm jealous! u have a piano! lol

Do you play often?

Lion King sounds awesome! I keep trying to get to a show... Maybe soon. I'd love to see Wicked, but I dont' think it's even showing anymore. Hmmm...maybe I should check into that. TTYS

Anonymous said...

I LOVED the Lion King!! It's one of my fav broadway show!! And your place looks wonderful!! =)

Anonymous said...

The new apartment looks fabulous! Glad you enjoyed Lion King - we have some friends at the show tonight, they are uber excited:) We must needs catch up.....Trav

P.S. Are you taping the GMA'S? I don't get that channel in Acworth. Let me know how POG does!!!

Anonymous said...

I used to have fab wallpaper in my kitchen before I moved...fs all over it (beansn with different coffee motifs all over it (beans, cups etc) and words like "mocha" "cappuccino" "espresso" all over it to. Sounds a bit guerish but it was cool. I'll dig a picture out sometime.

Lion King looks FABULOUS! I didn't think they could do better than Elton John's recording but I've been proved wrong, and you're right about those costumes!

Missy said...

You are a very excellent decorator. So beautiful! Like AFF said, I need you to come decorate my home. (You're welcome anytime, you know.)

My favorite part, I have to admit was the dishes in the sink. Hee-hee! (I'm twisted, I know.)

Anonymous said...

The new place is great! You didn't show me my bedroom though!! We just bought a house, closing is June 2nd, right after vacation... I'll send you pix when we get moved in.

hugs

Sistah Sue

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online